Jan 22, 2012

Banned

Today I was playing world of warcraft and got banned for Reason for Action: In-Game Chat Policy Violation - Advertisement and Spamming. Now I have had this happen before for a diffrent reason. Last time I was using an add-on that basicly flooded the screen. So I saw what happened to late and then got suspended. totally my fault. this time though I dont understand it see I was just posting that I was selling mysterious fortune cards on the ah for 20g. then the next thing I know i am being sent an e-mail that I was spamming. I think that it is intresting how when i am on a character getting posted to buy gold from some where and yet here i am just trying to hit gold cap and then they call it spaming. Wow I have to love all those haters out there reporting me for trying to make money. The most crazy thing about that Is that if someone else were to use that same mechanic you could most likely get alot of people banned. so i am thinking that there has to be some sort of exploit to this that could be utilized, if one were so to be inclined to do such a thing.
1. how many people would have to report someone for spamming to get a ban would have to be determined then the fact of getting that many accounts at one time to report someone would be as easy as just multiboxing.


2 comments:

  1. I guess it probably depends on how many people reported you for spamming. I don't know how often you were advertising but was it too often?

    Also is the ban permanent or for a set duration (like 72 hours etc.)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was for a 3 hour ban. They let me play again once it was take care of. It ended up being from a few hours before when i sent out a mass guild invite. I guess they don't like us doing that anymore.

      Delete