Jan 27, 2012

Owning the markets and why to buy out the market.

Never by out a market to reset the price. I read this post over on markets for gold (I think). . As I was sitting here reading that title I was thinking to my self Wtf? I have been owning the market on many items most notable the true gold and the frozen orb markets. Now both of these markets are limited items. While it is possible to get more orbs by doing more runs, it gets to the point of it is cheaper to buy a market out and reset the price to double the current market price or what ever the true value of the items are. For example on my server the cutting wars get so bad that at some times you can buy true gold for just about 400 gold but many times the bars sell for over 700 gold. So being able to control the market on limited supply items may be able to get you more gold then you think. So the basic response about it not being something you want to do, well that only is true on markets that have a low market entry. What I mean here is don't buy any items that are able to be mass produced for low to no cost. Since the mark up of the item is usually going to kill the re-posting value.

2 comments:

  1. If JC's never bought up the market for a gem and reset gem prices would be undercut by 1c all the way down to zero. I buy up the entirety of a gem when the price falls below what I judge to be what is worth my time to prospect and cut to make them my self. That may be 200g for reds, 25g for Embers or 9g for blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nifty50 remained in the range of 9,800-9,950 during the week and the trend remains positive above 9,800.
    Capitalstars

    ReplyDelete